Secrets to Getting to One of the Best Philippine Beaches In Medina Misamis Oriental


Best Philippine Beaches - Medina Misamis Oriental
Best Beaches in the Philippines - Medina Misamis Oriental - MunchTrip

Medina, Misamis Oriental is no Boracay island, but it has a white beach that cures my Vitamin sea deficiency.  This beach is in Duca, where Philippine beach resorts like Duka Bay Resort, DU Dy, and Capistrano Beach are known mostly only to locals.  Duca beach (a.k.a. Duca White Beach) is one of the best beaches in the Philippines, and yet some of you have probably never been there.

-----

HELP ME GROW MY CHANNEL OF VIDEO BLOGS GOING TO MANY LOCATIONS, by subscribing, please? :)

----

HOW TO GET TO MEDINA, MISAMIS ORIENTAL
I know of three ways to get to Medina, Misamis Oriental:
  • via Cagayan de Oro City Misamis Oriental by bus
  • via Camiguin by barge and bus
  • via Butuan by bus

I am most familiar with the route via Cagayan de Oro City, which is 2-3 hours away by bus.

Choose the "Portulin" Medina bus stop near Duka Bay resort.  This is the quickest way to go to the beach area. Most bus conductors know this bus stop, too.  But, if you happen to accidentally find yourself at the other bus stop, Fiesta Brand in Cabug, do not panic.  Take the next tip below.


Travel tip: When in Medina, Misamis Oriental
Medina Misamis Oriental mode of transportation
When in Medina, travel by "motorsikad".

Recommended way to travel around Medina is by motorsikad, Medina's main means of public transportation.

It not the same as Cagayan de Oro's motorela.  The seating arrangement is also different, but it is just as interesting in structure.

Motorsikad fare per passenger varies from 7 to 10 Php pesos  (0.20-0.25 USD), so get your change ready.

If you happened to ride a "sikad", a bike with sidecar or motorsikad without a motor, the fare varies on your conscience.  Ha ha!  But seriously, it varies from 5 to 10 pesos per passenger.  It is best to ask the engine (a.k.a the driver with human power) before going on the ride.

There are no taxis and jeepneys around Medina.

Motorsikads, and sikads rarely operate after 9PM.  So enjoy the silence and the fresh air.

-----
----

MEDINA, MISAMIS ORIENTAL MAIN ATTRACTIONS
Beach Philippine Beaches - Medina Misamis Oriental - MunchTrip
Beach Philippine Beaches -
Medina Misamis Oriental - MunchTrip
Duca white beach is on my list for the best beaches in the Philippines.  The local beach resorts here with at least basic amenities are Duka Bay resort, Capistrano resort, and D.U. Dy resort.




It is no Boracay beach, so do not expect commercial food chains 10 meters from the shore of this beautiful Philippine beach.



Medina's Alibuag Cold Spring, is a wonderfully unique swimming attraction as well.  A cemented rock pool surrounding a natural freshwater cold spring.  The water is clear and very cold.  You might want to see it to believe it.

Then, a special event that is worth mentioning is “Hinuklog.”  It is a Medina re-enactment street play based on "Pasyon Ni Kristo" (translation Passion of Christ).  It happens during the Holy days of the Holy Week.  It is a yearly tradition in Medina, Misamis Oriental that continues to gain popularity among Christian and non-Christian tourists.

FREE AirBnb Credits upon sign up when you click here
Best Philippine Beaches

That's it for now.
So what do you think?  Do you want to know more about other Philippine beaches?  Do you want to know about where to stay in Medina Misamis Oriental?
For your questions, just mention them in the comment section below.

If I had convinced you to visit Medina, don't hesitate to tag me #munchtrip in your posts so I can see them.

Catch you later!  See you on my next munchtrip.

-----

HELP ME GROW MY CHANNEL OF VIDEO BLOGS GOING TO MANY LOCATIONS, by subscribing, please? :)

----
Secrets to Getting to One of the Best Philippine Beaches In Medina Misamis Oriental Secrets to Getting to One of the Best Philippine Beaches In Medina Misamis Oriental Reviewed by Shoni MunchTrip on April 05, 2018 Rating: 5

24 comments:

  1. So cool. I just love going to the beach and reading. I'll be at the beach this summer and I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don;t mind sharing, which beach are you going to?

      Delete
  2. This sounds amazing I would really love to visit one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh please do! You won't regret it. Currently cooking up the article for the cheap places to stay in Medina Misamis Oriental. Cherry on top: accommodations are from $10 to $45 per person.

      Delete
  3. I enjoy the beach. Water has such a soothing effect on me. I enjoyed reading about this beach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, I never go to the beach without a book or some Jughead comics. :)

      Delete
  4. we are always drawn towards the water. These are great travel tips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm glad you appreciate these. :)

      Delete
  5. A secret beach sounds so intriguing. If I ever make it to the Phillipines, I would definitely seek you out to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. While reading about the Medina beaches, I kept wondering when I can unveil the beauty to my heart. Thanks for sharing about this beauty spot of nature in the Phillipines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doctor Love is needed in the building. Paging Dr Love? ha ha. Anyhow, you're welcome.

      Delete
  7. This sounds like such a magical amazing place! Always love a beach view! Would love to know where you stayed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Having never been to the Philippines, I have no distinction of where the great beaches are am grateful that you have made this post. Sounds like a trip is in order! I can imagine myself relaxing and enjoying myself, even on the motor bike transport vehicle. ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing! More pics of the beach please! Love the motorsikad - never heard of one of these before!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing trip and beautiful beaches...and hide away. I grew near the beach and love to escape to it. The sidecar sounds like a fun way to get around as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow my dad would absolutely love these beaches! He's a beach lover through and through and he's heard of the incredible beaches in the Philippines.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the sound of the ocean, I've always loved it. The sound is so relaxing, I'd love to visit this beach. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds like such an amazing place! I'd love to visit this beach. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I always want to a travel to beach and enjoy the peace. I love watching the sunrise or sunset, so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow this all looks amazing to me! I am going to have to book my trip soon and try to visit them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a peaceful and relaxing way to spend a vacation! I would love to go.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love to visit beaches this summer. and yes, In the Philippines lots of breathtaking and stunning beaches to visit. I really miss my hometown. Would love to go there someday.

    commented as Krissy Livingston/Angela Bethea

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love going to the beach. These are great recommendations. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

ads 728x90 B
Powered by Blogger.